More Health Issues, and Book Plugs

Just realized my last post was over a month ago. Sorry about that.

My life certainly has not been boring, but it has been depressing and frustrating. And of course, no matter what happens to you, no one wants to hear it. No matter how bad it is. So that's why it's not uncommon to me when I hear of someone who seemingly was cheerful all the time, but ended up committing suicide. People ask "why?" but the reason is so simple. Because no one cared. No one wants to hear it, so we put on a fake smile and soldier through our days as best we can. Even if we are on our last shred of "hold on", we can't ever admit it.

That being said, I'm facing surgery again. The last time I had serious surgery, I really did want it, because I was in such physical pain. This time, it's not so painful. But a recent colonoscopy showed why I'd been throwing up in the mornings, off and on, for the last three years or so. I tried eliminating the problematic foods/drinks, but sometimes that wouldn't work either. Turns out a polyp was the problem. However, there's another one, and they can't quite get to it with a colonoscopy. So, I have major surgery to look forward to. Leaving the polyp be is not much of an option, because it will probably turn into cancer within a few years.

So, I'm terrified. I'm worried about this surgery like I've not been worried before. Being absolutely broke doesn't help matters any. It's embarrassing how broke I am, and it's frustrating to have shit happen to me over and over and over. I really don't remember stuff happening like this when I was younger. But now, it seems like I can't have a week go by without something bad happening. And when you're broke, even a minor bill is a major thing, if you don't have the money to pay for it.

I'm also stressing out. It's a good thing I don't do drugs, but I've been venting in some ways that aren't healthy.

On a more positive note, The Bookmark on North Anthony is carrying both Served Cold: Tales of Revenge and Redemption and Anything For Georgetown And Other Stories. Served Cold was reviewed in Glo magazine in April. I'm hoping that Anything will be reviewed as well.

Served Cold is a collection of semi-autobiographical stories. I didn't like how they ended in real life, so I sent them in a different direction. So if you like it when the underdog gets even, check out the collection. It's also available as an ebook on Smashwords.com. Be sure to deactivate the adult filter. It's also available as a print book at Lulu.com.

Anything For Georgetown And Other Stories is a collection of erotic fiction. At least two men have said it's better than Fifty Shades of Grey, but just about anything is better than that book. It's poorly edited, yet it's made millions. Anytying is written under my pen name of Janell Elizabeth Meyer. It is also available as an ebook on Smashwords.com (deactivate the adult filter) and also as a print book at Lulu.com. Anything focuses on the fetishes of spanking and tickling, especially as foreplay, so if you are into that, check it out. My erotic fiction excerpts on short-fiction.co.uk have had more than 56,000 views, and quite a few positive comments. I'm currently working on an erotic romance, and excerpts of that are also available on that website as well.

If you want to check out excerpts of Served Cold, you can also find them on short-fiction.co.uk under my name, Gloria Diaz.

I also plan to have a collection of my columns. It's my hope to have them collected by the next Author Fair event at the ACPL, which will probably be in November. Since I'll have time off to recover from my surgery, I will try to get a lot of writing done.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life