Fuck the Snow, I Went Shopping

I was born in northern Indiana, and this is the only place I've ever lived. We have the four seasons here. We have snow. People who live here, and who were born here, should realize this.

Why people totally fucking freak out when we get a MILD snowstorm, is beyond me. A prediction of five to eight inches of snow has people panicking. They stock up on Doritos, soda, beer, wings, pizza, and other kinds of crap in the case they get snowed in for oh, a whole whopping 24 hours. Then, we end up with three inches of snow. Ha ha, joke's on you.

I've driven semi-trucks in really bad winter weather. I've lived through the Blizzard of 1978. So dire predictions of snowstorms really don't scare me. And it pisses me off how everyone is terrified of a few inches of snow. It's INCHES, not feet.

So I went out shopping. Hyde Bros. had a thing last night. Shopping from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m., and I went to it. By myself. I had to work, so I was out anyway, and book shopping after work sounded totally excellent. I bought over $40 worth of books. I got some guilty pleasures. I stayed for a couple of hours, then went home.

The next day, I felt in the mood to shop. I actually had money and motivation, so I went out in the snow (OMG!) and hit up a couple of thrift stores. Goodwill had the temerity to close at four, because of the "weather." What.Fucking.Ever. I didn't spend as much as I thought, because I didn't have time to go to any more thrift stores, except for The Salvation Army on Lima Road. Didn't find anything that I liked there. Before that, I went to Target and picked up some stuff that I wanted. I felt really, really good about getting out there.

But jeez Louise. We've become such pussies. Thank God I still have my balls.
Hyde Bros., about 1:20 a.m.

Yours for only 95 cents at the Lima Road Salvation Army.

Brewers Art Supply, Wells Street. With my cameraphone set on green point. Taken approximately 1:20 a.m.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life