I Went Anyway

Ivy Tech has an annual bus trip to Cedar Point this year I wanted to go. I got the time off for it but the night before they cancelled the trip and rescheduled it for 2 weeks out because it was supposed to rain.

This made me mad because I did get time off for it and I wasn't sure that I could get time off for it again especially since I was slated to start a new job and I didn't want to mess up my attendance at either place.

So even though I was broke my car was in the shop I found a place that would rent me a car with my debit card and I got the event organizer to deliver my prepaid ticket to Cedar Point with me the day before.

I wasn't sure if I get to Cedar Point later on this summer inside already requested the day off I thought I'd take a chance and go despite the forecast.

It turned out to be a great day. When I got there it hadn't rained. Later on in the day, I took a walk on the beach and it did rain, but not for very long.

It turned out to be practically a perfect day at Cedar Point there weren't that many people there and I got to ride Millennium Force eight times cuz there's basically no wait time even though I did have to wait a little bit because I wanted front row but even then I didn't have to wait very long.

The temperature wasn't bad either it wasn't fiercely hot but it wasn't really cold either.

For some reason the sun always shines for me at Cedar Point and I'm grateful for that and I'm really good I took a chance and went emotions were up and down because Cedar Point is 5 favorite place on Earth.

I don't know why I get so emotional there but I do. Usually, I end up being very happy.

I'm really glad that I took a chance and went glad that I rented a car so I didn't have to worry about transportation glad that I went by myself there aren't too many pictures because my phone went dead very soon but it was a great day and for me the trip served as a metaphor that I'm glad I went even though the forecast wasn't great and hopefully the metaphor of going anyway and everything working out alright for the rest of my life especially for a big change I'm contemplating. I'm scared about it but at the same time I'm excited but it  means I've got to do something if I want my life to change for the better. Anyway, here are some pics.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life