The Vagina Monologues (Because He Liked to Look at It)





Last February, I was in a production of The Vagina Monologues. I really had a good time participating. This particular monologue was easier for me to do. It is called, "Because He Liked to Look at It."

We were not required to memorize our parts, although I tried to as much as possible, so I didn't feel like I was constantly reading it. We were not allowed to record video of the play, so this was shot in my backyard, so that a co-worker who could not attend the production could see what I was doing.

I'll shoot my other monologue when I get the time. That part required that I lose some inhibitions I had about the part, and to play certain lines for laughs. I understand how acting can become addictive.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life