Part Three of Dream Dude!

Installment three of several! 


And one of the most stimulating things is chemistry. When you’re talking and you get the sense he’s devouring you visually, and hanging on to your every word, it’s exciting and nerve-wracking and flattering and mind-blowing all at the same time. Those are rare moments, let me tell you, but when they happen….


Gloria: Totally hot!
Gloria: Absofuckinglutely!**



Gloria: What about money?

Gloria: Having money is nice and all, but if you can do the best with what you have, that’s fine. Be creative. Sometimes, it’s just something really simple. A nice massage, that doesn’t cost anything and shows that you give a shit about the woman. Sure, it would be nice to be whisked away to Toronto for a long weekend, but it doesn’t have to be like that. Massages are always nice. A movie marathon is good. Bake cookies. Cook dinner. Have an urban scavenger hunt. You can even play board games, video games, or sports, as long as you can keep your shit when you lose. If you bitch and moan like some five-year-old because I beat you playing tennis, buy some balls. Man up and deal with it. I like a guy who gives me a challenge, and if you can’t handle me trying to beat your ass at miniature golf, there’s going to be a problem. I like being competitive, but it gets old if your whole modus operandi is “anything you can do, I can do better.”

Gloria: Should he be into sports?
Gloria: He doesn’t have to be, but he needs to understand that hockey holds a special place in my psyche. It was my first spectator sport. Dad took me to Komets games when I was a kid. My brother shot pucks at me in the backyard. Can you imagine? I was five fucking years old and my brother was fifteen, and he was shooting pucks at me.

Gloria: Getting back to body types …
Gloria: I just want someone with similar stamina levels, which I don’t think is asking for much…but then again, this is Indiana. So maybe I am asking a lot. I want the guy to be able to downhill ski for two-three hours. I want him to be able to drive to Cedar Point, stand in line, ride the rides, and then be able to stay awake on the drive back. I’m no triathlete by any means, but I don’t want to get into the habit of spending night after night on the couch watching movies and eating pizza. One of my biggest fears is becoming morbidly obese. I struggle with my weight, but if I’m never 120 pounds again, that’s okay. I just always want to be able to ride Millennium Force.

Gloria: What about age?
Gloria: I want someone my age. Someone who can still move around and be a little bit active. I really don’t want to date someone a lot younger than I am. I feel like I have more energy than I’ve had in a long time. I like getting out there and doing stuff like skiing and amusement parks. I like walking around at festivals. I jog on a regular basis. I don’t want some guy moaning about that he’s “too old for this shit.”





**Yeah, I like Sex and the City. What are YOU going to do about it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life