Very Random Shit

My house is a mess. I was looking for my ink pads today in order to make my own Christmas cards. I found the stamp I wanted to use, but I didn’t have any ink. I looked and looked, but couldn’t think of where I put them. I tried to put all my craft stuff in one of my craft boxes designated for storage. Found all sorts of shit though, besides the ink pads. One thing was an unopened package of Christmas cards, so much for trying to make my own this year. Maybe I still will, but probably not. I may just experiment with the package of blank cards I bought and the colored cardstock I bought too. Damn it! And of course, I found the opened package of blank cards I bought seven years ago for a Kentucky Derby party. Oh well, the ink pads, should I ever find them, are probably all dried up, as I bought the pads the year of the Derby party. I really liked the way my invitations turned out. I actually found one tonight and I’m still impressed by what I came up with.

I used one of my dad’s belts to hold up my jeans (I’ve lost 20 pounds so far) and thought about buying another belt, because I’m running out of holes. What should I find in my bedroom, while looking for the inkpads, but a very nice classic brown belt. But how did I get it? On closer inspection, it’s a Coach belt. It must have been a gift from a friend, because I haven’t purchased a belt in years. Anyway, I have a new belt, and a nice one too.

Another mindfuck was opening up a cupboard and finding popped popcorn sitting on the shelf. How the hell did it get up there? I haven’t looked in that cupboard for weeks. I also found popped popcorn in a kitchen drawer where I keep towels. Only here, there were some little black things that may have been mouse turds. Yuck. I’ve not seen any mice in the house, and I’ve not heard any, which is why I’m wondering what’s up with the popcorn. Especially the popcorn in the cupboard. Can mice climb walls? Because I don’t know how else they would be able to get in the cupboard, unless they chewed a hole in the wall behind the cupboard and burrowed in, but the back of the cupboard is METAL. I guess this is a sign I should throw leftovers away promptly and not leave the half-eaten bowl of popcorn on the kitchen counter.

If nothing else, during my medical leave, I’ve GOT to clean my room. My parents’ room is still a mess, as is the spare bedroom/office, but I’ve got to do something. Tired of living in a landfill.

The Mexican restaurant that took the place of Schlotzky’s Deli has closed and it’s now Ozzy’s Pancake House, or Ozzy’s House of Pancakes. Up on Dupont, beside Scott’s/Kroger’s will be another restaurant, Norma’s House of Pancakes. What gives? Is that the new trend? Pancake houses?

It isn’t bad enough that tattoos have gone mainstream and now grandmas and teens are sporting them, but thanks to Ed Hardy, we have to look at tattoo-like designs on t-shirts, shoes (high heels, converse-style sneakers as well as ballerina flats) and (I’m not making this up) hair straightening irons and blow dryers. I can’t wait for the Ed Hardy double-wide trailer. I mean, isn’t that the logical next step?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life