Time Off

It's been a bit strange the last couple of weeks--I've had quite a bit of time off, which is very nice. I've been doing some cleaning and some painting. The amount of crap in this house is astounding. There's stuff I'm not sure what to do with which is taking up space. I was able to get rid of some stuff, and hopefully I'l get some money for it. I took pictures of an old sewing machine I got off the curb, and took pictures of it. An antiques dealer estimated it would be worth around $75. So I guess I'll post it on eBay and see what happens.

I've been sleeping a lot and spending time relaxing. I've also spent time promoting one of my books, and I've gotten some good feedback on it, which is encouraging.

I wish I had a bit more money--I'd probably go to a few movies if I did, or take a day trip to Chicago. It's been over six years since I've been there.

So yeah, time off. I've been getting stuff done and getting rid of stuff. But it's also been strange. Lots of time for introspection. Lots of time to think about the past. I'm really kind of sick of looking back at the past and thinking the future is not going to get any better. I'd give anything to have my mom back, because when she died, my life got so much worse. All the problems in the world came to me when my mom left. It's been eight years, but it's time for things to get better. Past time, I think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life