Mini Movie Monday! And my birthday!!!

Another video from Hush. Asher Perkins was there, but I don't know who the light twirler was.

I didn't really have any expectations for my birthday. I knew I was going to a burlesque show later on, but that was it. Turns out I wasn't even on the schedule for work, but they gave me hours anyway. Yes, you read that right. I had the day off, but I came into work.

I brought cake, and had "Happy Birthday" sung to me twice. The funny version was the one with the "cha cha cha" thrown in. It was hilarious! The cake was awesome, too!

I went to Bandido's for $8 off my birthday meal. I sat in the bar, and I got to watch the Kentucky Derby. I feel guilty about watching the race. There used to be a time where I would watch the race and get very upset if I had to work on that day, but this year, it kind of crept up on me. I missed all three Triple Crown races last year, the first TC winner in like 32 years or something. My television at home is analog, and I've burned through three of those digital tuner boxes, so I'm not buying another one. I haven't watched regular television at home for years now. I was hungry and wanted to eat right away, and it was around 5:30 p.m., so I got to sit in the bar and realized the race was about to start. My horse didn't win, but the guy sitting behind me won a box trifecta

So I went home to change before the show. I met up with my friends at Calhoun Soups, Salads and Spirits for the Fort Wayne Bombshells show. I didn't know exactly what to expect. The place was packed. It was a great time. Like tasteful striptease. I think one of the most fun aspects was the audience lip-sync contest. At first, they all were dancing, not lip-syncing. But it was hilarious, and the emcee did a really good job. It was a great production.

My friends wanted to try absinthe, but because the bartender was hearing-impaired, my friend ended up with a PBR. I wasn't about to try that. So she gave up and started talking with a friend at the bar. Then, Aly and Jade decided to leave, and I was going to go too, but wonder of wonders, their friend wanted to talk to me. So I spent a few minutes talking to a very nice young man. 

But I wasn't done yet. I didn't want to go home, so I headed over to Hush. I actually danced in public and had a great time. I would have stayed longer, but I've been struggling with hives the past three weeks or so. I think it's a food allergy, but I'm not sure what I'm allergic to. So, I've been experimenting with food and today I started keeping a diary. The hives were wicked Saturday night though, and I'm not sure if it was because I was sweaty, or if the tortilla chips I consumed earlier. (I think I'm allergic to starch.) I was starting to become miserable, and as I drove to the grocery store, I could feel my face getting hot. I got some lotion.

Despite the hives, it was the best birthday I'd had in years. Lots of laughter, friends, fun, cake, entertainment, and shedding my inhibitions about dancing in public. Here's a pic of the cool stuff I got:


I do think it's funny, too, that despite being almost twice the age of the friends I went to the show with, they didn't want to go somewhere else and get a drink or dance or whatever. But I'm glad I went back to Hush. I love it.

And now you know all about my birthday ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life