Trump Hung in Effigy in Pence's Home State

WANE.com first reported on this story. I think it's both funny and horrifying. People are talking about it, but I don't remember the uproar when Obama was hung in effigy. People are freaking out because kids are walking to school seeing this.

Since it's Black History Month, I would take this opportunity for the parents of these kids to talk about slavery, and Jim Crow Laws, and lynching of people who don't have the same skin color as you do. Then, the parents can talk about fascism, and "freedom of speech" and how even though some people say stuff you may not like, they are allowed to say it. They could also talk about diplomacy and discretion, and how saying what's on your mind isn't always the best thing to do.

The guy who lives here obviously doesn't give a shit, as he's armed. I admire his balls though. I just wonder how well his views would go over in the 04, as opposed to the 07. I won't mention the guy's address, but let's just say, thanks to the WANE.com article, I knew where to go, and after only a few minutes of driving in his 'hood, I found it. Judging from the picture online, I figured the photo was taken looking southwest, so that meant looking for east/west streets. My hunch was correct.

I took these photos from the street, so this former veteran and gun owner couldn't complain about me being on his property.

His vehicle had a huge amount of bumper stickers, but I didn't get any pictures of that.

I plan to drop him a note to see if he'd be willing to talk for my blog. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime ...



Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you gotten an update? I'd be interested in reading what he has to say..
Gloria said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gloria said…
No. I sent him a short note with my email address, but haven't seen anything.

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life