Eating a Low Fiber Diet

It's sort of weird that I'm being encouraged to eat a low-fiber diet--but it's just temporary thing. I've just had surgery (again) and in order to give my colon a rest, I'm supposed to avoid fresh fruit and veggies. I'm not supposed to eat fruit with skin on it. And the last time I went to the grocery store, they had bags and bags of bing cherries in. I LOVE bing cherries. But I passed them by.

I just finished a snack of five small sausages and some pulpless orange juice. Prior to that, I had a bowel movement which came out pretty liquidy. What did I have to eat that made that happen? Three slices of pizza, two slices of cheese garlic bread, and some soda. I normally have that kind of bowel movement after tons of fruit and veggies. So go figure. I also threw up early this afternoon. I'm hoping it's the sleep medication clashing with the toast. But it's a bit alarming.

I decided that after this surgery, I would truly, honestly try and eat better. Either go vegetarian, or damn near close. I don't enjoy being fat. And eating a bad diet is expensive, when you pay the price with polyp removal. But being encouraged to eat low-fiber is probably one of those things I'm going to try and enjoy. It is weird though, being told I can't eat raw fruits and veggies automatically makes me want them more. I'm only two weeks away from some bing cherries. Yum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life