Neighbors






I haven't been to a movie in months, literally, so when a friend invited me to see Neighbors, I accepted.

I saw the premise on a preview, I think, when I went to see Catching Fire. Yes, it's been THAT long since I saw a movie. Anyway, the premise looked funny. Fraternity, led by Zac Efron, moves into a house next door to an "old married couple," who are probably maybe 35, tops. Anyway, the usual hijinks ensue, with a hilarious fight scene between Zac and Seth Rogen, which is as funny and as gross as it gets.

Zac is certainly eye candy; I would not be surprised if he is the next celebrity to come out as gay. No man can look that perfect and be straight.

Without giving away the entire plot, the noise and incidents escalate, with Seth and his wife and a buddy scheming to get even with the frat boys. What's nice is that the movie, with all of its stupid/funny/gross situations, there are a few nuggets of truth--frats and sororities really don't mean much after college graduation, and you should probably study in order to get your grades past the 2.5 GPA (out of a 4.0). But there's happy endings. This was an enjoyable, funny movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life