Southern States Road Trip Christmas Eve 2017

Dear Diary,

Another day of shelling at the beach. Very sunny today, but not super-hot. We also went to another thrift store. I thought Jami's son would kill us, but he found an $8 aquarium. I found new running shoes and swimwear tops and bottoms. I have a long torso, so sometimes it's hard to find suits that work for me. My Land's End suit fits perfectly, so I've been using that.

Jami's son Derik jumping out of a tree.

Beach selfie! Derik is behind me.

Jami's mermaid. She asked Derik to kneel down so she'd have a mermaid with a beard, but he refused.

Contrail or jets? You make the call!

Derik throwing stuff at Jami.

Caspersen Beach is  a GREAT place to find shells.

Coke. It's everywhere. #justsaynotodrugs

Fiddled with the pro setting on my camera phone. The sunset didn't actually look like this. But isn't this pretty?

Another nice shot!

My first gazpacho. It was a little too bitter for me, but edible.

Caspersen Beach selfie!

After a huge dinner at Saltwater Cafe, we went back to the hotel. We planned to swim and sit in the hot tub for a while, but both of them were closed. We ended up talking to some German couple. The guy offered me $10,000 if I'd marry him so he could get a green card. We are now friends on Facebook/Messenger, so if things get dire, I can take him up on his offer, but he wasn't really my type, to be honest. 

So diary, it was very nice day. Tomorrow we move into the condo that is two blocks from the beach. I wish I lived near water. I think I'd be much healthier. Maybe I'm rich. I bought a Powerball ticket that I should check. Anyway, I do miss Summit, and of course, Daphne. I am not religious, but I'm watching the Midnight Mass from St. Peter's Basilica. It's comforting in a way. I think I like the singing the best. Time to go to sleep. We have to be out of here before noon, and staying up late isn't helping.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life