Tonight's Playlist

Deep Forest, Deep Forest.

James Kochalka Superstar, Don't Trust Whitey.

New age meets "whack and roll." I needed some "cleaning the house" music that wouldn't make me cry. These albums are not really associated with anything traumatic or wonderful in my life, so these were safe choices tonight.




I actually met James Kolchalka at Wizard World Chicago several years ago. I'd never heard of him, but I bought his CD which is a crazy mix of what sounds like a Casio keyboard and funny lyrics. He also draws comics, and his American Elf is basically a graphic diary. He also autographed the CD for me and drew his Elf character on his photo on the lyric booklet. I didn't know he ended American Elf, but you can read a little bit about it here:
http://www.newsarama.com/10709-14-year-webcomic-american-elf-ends-creator-moves-forward.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life