Much Too Late For Goodbye



I saw in today’s Journal Gazette that the Acme was going to close Sunday at 1 a.m. I swung by to get a last order of onion rings and a Coke, but they were already closed. Some other disappointed diners who pulled in when I did exchanged words about the closing. It’s sad. The Acme had good food and it was a nice atmosphere. I hope the economy doesn’t take out any more local restaurants, but the way things seem to be going, who knows who will be next? The 412 Club bit the dust a while back, too. I really don’t want my next hangout to be some sterilized, corporate America, cookie-cutter dwelling that looks like every other location in the chain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life