Happy 91st Birthday, Dad

My dad would have been 91 years old today. I wonder what he would think of all that has happened in his lifetime, if he'd still been alive. He would probably marvel at smartphones, and he'd probably get a kick out of looking up facts. Maybe he'd be on YouTube, seeing who has uploaded big band music, or his favorite Latin performers from the early 1950s. They're up there, dad. Back when music was good, LOL.

Maybe he'd be making his own music. He might have a music editing program and be messing around with it.

Who knows where I'd be if he were still alive. Probably here in this house. I miss him. There are so many things I wish I could ask him. Like what scared him the most? How did he get through it? What could he change if he could? And did he ever regret not moving back to Puerto Rico?

We make choices in life, and hope that things turn out for the best. Because time can't be rewound. Some things cannot be undone. And I hope there's a Heaven. And I hope my dad is happy there. I love you dad.

Dad and Mom at my brother's house. Probably sometime in the 1990s.


Dad and I at my brother's wedding. August 24, 1984.


Dad in one of his sillier moments. There's some sort of vibrating toy he stuck under his shirt.


Dad always had plenty of jokes, but usually looked very serious.


Of course he was a Yankees fan!


Dad and I at the Botanical Conservatory, Fort Wayne. Probably late 1980s/1990s.


Another silly shot of dad at Fox Island, sometime in the 1980s.


Dad was a hipster! Who knew?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life