Spring is Starting Off on a Bad Note

The Smokehouse Tobacco Outlet. These are memorials people have left.


Spring is being welcomed by a bunch of people. However, it's been sad around Fort Wayne these last few days. A local business owner died from gunshot wounds the other day. You can read more about it here: http://wane.com/news/crime/customer-finds-man-critically-injured-at-smokehouse-tobacco/

I also found out that a former co-worker committed suicide. I feel really bad, because I saw him the other day and I should have said something, but I didn't. I wasn't sure if he would remember me. It's really odd to think I saw him just a few weeks before he threw himself in front of a train. http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20140411/LOCAL07/304119969/1002/LOCAL

I can't believe someone would do that. I understand being depressed. But I guess I've never felt so down that things wouldn't ever get better. I don't know a lot about him, but I heard he had health problems and was in danger of losing his job. I am not sure how true that is, but I feel bad. It's so strange. We come into the world either through a vagina, or we are cut out of our mother's bodies. But there are a lot of ways we end up leaving. In these cases, one man had his life taken, the other took his own life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drugs and Drink And God: An Interview with Sarah Katherine Lewis

Some Thoughts on American Dirt, Cultural Identity, Cultural Appropriation and other Assorted Nonsense in My Life